Saturday 17 January 2009

Risk and Return

Risk and Return


Any investor needs to ask themselves the following questions:


  • How long can I invest for?

  • What is the worst case scenario?

  • Can I tolerate fluctuations in returns?

  • What level of return do I need to match any future liabilities?

  • Do I understand the characteristics of different asset classes?

  • How do I achieve an objective investment process to meet my profile?


It is the mix of assets that drives returns. Some 75% of the return on a portfolio may be attributable to getting the choice of assets and geographical markets right over the medium term.



Our role as portfolio managers, once you have selected the portfolio, is to actively manage your assets in the global markets within the parameters we have established with you.


Remember this is your personal choice and reflects your emotional response to risk and your expectation of return.



Once you have decided where you feel most comfortable we can then determine the asset allocation that best matches your individual profile.



http://offers.telegraph.co.uk/content-10027/

No comments: