- Benjamin Graham was a firm believer, even in relation to stock purchases at bargain prices, in spreading the risk over a number of share investments.
- Warren Buffett, on the other hand, appears to take a different view: concentrate on just a few stocks.
WHAT WARREN BUFFETT SAYS ABOUT DIVERSIFICATION
NO REAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BENJAMIN GRAHAM AND WARREN BUFFETT
- Graham spoke of diversification primarily in relation to second grade stocks and
- it is arguable that the Buffett approach to stock selection results in the purchase of quality stocks only.
BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY HOLDINGS
- Manufacturing and distribution – underwear, children’s clothing, farm equipment, shoes, razor blades, soft drinks;
- Retail – furniture, kitchenware
- Financial and accounting products and services
- Flight operations
- Gas pipelines
- Real estate brokerage
- Construction related industries