Wednesday 31 August 2011

Never Sell A Winner and you end up being a long term investor

I will regularly add to my winners (at ever higher prices), and I will cull the losers from the portfolio during market corrections. But most importantly, it is my intention to never sell my winners.

Warren Buffett didn’t get rich by selling 10% gains on his stocks and companies. He (and his investors) have gotten rich by making “permanent” investments. His timeframe is famously “forever.”

I expect my “forever” to be a very long time. If my investments are in companies that are consistently earning money and growing their businesses, and I stick with them through thick and thin, do you think I’ll be able to outperform the 1% APR I’m earning on my savings account these days? I think so.



http://www.chicagosean.com/2011/03/06/never-sell-a-winner/

No comments: