Re: uyafr selection October 2010 batch
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2010, 10:16:15 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: smartinvestor on October 27, 2010, 10:09:42 AM
Agree with Uyfar...
GenY...please tell the MANY company that also doing well too...
DIGI? KPJ? Genting?
Here is the place we share information and earn $$$ together
yep, do u know how much is DIGI, KPJ Gentings ? hehehe if suddenly those counter drop.. kena kaw kaw, if go up.. the most 5-10%
BUT LCTH, I dont see how it can drop much, but if go up... even if go up 100% it is still cheap and good. So think for yourself, is it worth risking on those counter already too high up or buy a counter which is still rock bottom and rock solid.
The above was a post in October 2010 in a blog that I participate.
Here are the 5 Years charts of DIGI, KPJ, Gentings and LCTH performance.
Digi Share Price
Oct 2010 RM 2.50
July 2013 RM 4.70
Capital Gain 88%
KPJ Share Price
Oct 2010 RM 3.80
July 2013 RM 6.50
Capital Gain 71%
Genting Share Price
Oct 2010 RM 10.50
July 2013 RM 10.50
Capital Gain 0%
LCTH Share Price
Oct 2010 RM 0.28
July 2013 RM 0.18
Capital Loss - 35.7%
From October 2010 to July 2013:
1. The prices of the shares of Digi, KPJ have performed very well.
2. Genting share price remained relatively unchanged over this period.
3. The share price of LCTH has tanked significantly.
Questions I pose:
1. Are higher priced stocks more risky than penny shares?
2. Are higher priced stocks more risky because they have a longer way to drop?
3. Are penny shares less risky because should their prices correct, the drop will be less?
4. Why are higher priced stocks priced such, and why are penny stocks priced such?
5. What are the fears that kept this "investor" away from Digi, KPJ and Genting? Are these fears rational or irrational?
6. What drives his enthusiasm to penny stocks? Greed? Ability? Confidence? Past gains? Are these emotions rational or irrational?
7. What single characteristic, if any, distinguishes the gains in Digi, KPJ and no loss in Genting, compared with LCTH?
What lessons can we derive from the above observations?
Please feel free to post your comments.