1. Location, location, location = good or great properties
2. Net Operating Income = Gross Operating Income - Total Expenses
3. Cash flow (before tax) = Net Operating Income - Mortgage Payments
4. Mortgage - go for the largest available mortgage, with the longest term and the lowest interest
5. Ensure that 2 & 3 are always positive.
(Types of properties: squatter homes, low cost houses and apartments, houses, apartments and condominiums, townhouses/duplexes, commercial, service apartments, luxury homes, mobile homes, raw land, recreational, ranches, agriculture, industrial, specialty buildings such as stadiums and theaters.)(