Tuesday 27 July 2010

My 1st Million At 33 – yes, you can do it too

Asset Allocation Pyramid


Time frames and reliance on TA
In the pyramid diagram I labeled the progression in the reliance on technical analysis as the time frame (intended holding period) shortens. My short term trading is momentum based and generally has holding periods of days. On the other hand, the passive accounts are for buy-and-hold with annual rebalancing. The trench in the middle lies in between the extremes. The “income on steroids” group, PM and resource stocks I’m quite happy about holding long term (i.e. years), while others I may look at weekly charts for good entry and exit points so that the holding period may be months. Naturally, as reliance on TA wanes, reliance on fundamental and big-picture analysis waxes.




http://www.1stmillionat33.com/2007/06/new-portfolio-composition/

No comments: