South Africa has 9 provinces: Eastern Cape, Free State, Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, Mpumulanga, Limpopo, Northern Cape, North West, and Western Cape.
The current flag of South Africa was adopted on April 27th 1994.
* The capital of South Africa is Pretoria
* The president of South Africa is Jacob Zuma.
* The largest diamond in the world (named The Star of Africa) was found in South Africa.
* The national anthem of South Africa is a combined version of two evocative but quite different songs, Nkosi Sikelel’ iAfrika (God Bless Africa) and The Call of South Africa (Die Stem van Suid-Afrika).
* South Africa has eleven national languages.
* South Africa's population is ranked 26th from the top in the world!
* The population is 44,344,136. (2005)
Pictures denoted above:
- Table Mountain
- When it is cloudy, the layer of clouds over the mountain is known as it's "Table Cloth"
- The national flower of South Africa: The King Protea
- The national animal of South Africa is the Springbok
- The national bird of South Africa is the Blue Crane
- The national fish of South Africa is the Galjoen
- The national tree of South Africa is the Real Yellowwood